Mathematics - Key Stage 4
At Key Stage 4 students will follow the Edexcel Mathematics (9 – 1) Mathematics course.
The areas covered in the course include:
- Ratio and proportion
- Geometry and measure
- Probability and statistics
During the course students will:
- Be challenged with a variety of problem-solving activities
- Improve their reasoning skills
- Develop confidence when answering mathematical style questions, both algebraically and numerically
The course is assessed through three, 1 hour 30 minute equally weighted examination papers:
- Paper 1 is non-calculator
- Paper’s 2 and 3 allow for a calculator to be used
- All students follow a linear course which means the assessments are taken at the end of the course
Most careers will require you to have a qualification in mathematics, as will Post 16 and college courses, especially the following:
Economics, Information and Communication Technology, Medicine, Banking, Architecture, Insurance, Engineering, Marketing, Accountancy, Business Management, Psychology, Pharmacy, Computing and the Sciences.
Click here to view the curriculum implementation overview for Mathematics at Key Stage 4.
Curriculum Learning Journey
Click here to view the learning journey for Mathematics.
Click on the links below to select the relevant White Rose knowledge organiser:
- Unit 1 - Straight Line Graphs
- Unit 2 - Forming and Solving Equations
- Unit 3 - Testing Conjectures
- Unit 4 - 3D Shapes
- Unit 5 - Constructions and Congruency
- Unit 6 - Numbers
- Unit 7 - Using Percentages
- Unit 8 - Maths and Money
- Unit 9 - Deduction
- Unit 10 - Rotations and Translation
- Unit 11 - Pythagoras Theorem
- Unit 12 - Enlargement and Similarity
- Unit 13 - Solving Ratio and Proportion
- Unit 14 - Rates
- Unit 15 - Probability
- Unit 16 - Algebraic Representation
Click here to return to the Mathematics page.