Here are some activities for year 9 students to complete.
PDF versions of each item are available to download at the bottom of the page.
natural history museum colouring pages
Studio Art classes: Tutorials at home
From the Museum of Fine Art, Boston
Now you can enjoy Studio Art Classes from home! Featuring experienced educators and professional artists, each video looks at an object from our collection for inspiration. They walk you through the basics of a different techniques and offers ideas and suggestions for studio exploration on your own.
Museum of fine art, boston
For all things fashion and all things art, the 16 virtual exhibits by the Museum of Fine Arts are definitely worth a look. If you are interested in art, textiles, fashion design or photography there is something for you.
This is another interactive tour that guides you through the museum without ever needing to leave your home.
classics - a greek odyssey with bettany hughes
If you are studying Classics you may enjoy this programme.
Follow the link to watch A Greek Odyssey with Bettany Hughes
There are 6 episodes to watch
Exploring Fiction - The burning by laura bates
A rumour is like a fire…Especially if someone is watching, waiting to fan the flames. Interweaving two plotlines: modern-day teen ‘shaming’ and 17th century witch trials, The Burning is an explosive story. Watch writer Laura Bates discuss it here
Once you have watched the video you can do the following;
1. The Burning is set in Saint Monans in Fife, Scotland. See what you can find out about Saint Monans and what sort of place it is.
2. Read this story about the last ‘witch’ to be burnt alive in Scotland. Write or draw a response to the story eg a diary entry from an onlooker, a poem or a picture.
3. If you look at this interactive map you can see how many people—mostly women were accused of witchcraft during the 16th and 17th century in Scotland
4. Take a look at this article about protecting your online reputation
5. Create a poster about how to behave and how you should treat people you interact with on line.
6. This book is available to borrow from the LRC if you would like to read it.
Our school trip to China has been really popular in recent years. Unfortunately the 2020 trip had to be cancelled due to Covid 19 but here you can get a taste of the country with the activities below.
Virtual hike along the Great Wall of China
This virtual tour spans six and a half miles of the wall between Jinshanling and Simatai, a stretch known for having some of the most quintessential views in China.
What do you know about Ancient China? Visit the link below and take the quiz.