Year 7 September 2021
- Ms M Pounnas, Director of Learning & Transition KS3/DSP
- Mrs S Bailey, Pastoral Administrator KS3
- Mrs S Milton, Admission Secretary
Information for parents (for Year 7 intake Sept 2021)
Parents may find the following resources useful:
Transition into secondary school - parents' guide
Making the change - parents' guide
Transition resources for Year 6 pupils
More resources for both Year 6 pupils and parents
BBC Bitesize: Year 6 transition
BBC Bitesize: Celebrity tips for starting secondary school
BBC Bitesize: Supporting a child moving to secondary school with Dr Radha
BBC Bitesize: First day nerves - how to prepare, keep calm and carry on
BBC Bitesize: Starting secondary school
TRANSITION PROGRAMME 2021/22
- To reassure Year 6 students about their transition to The Marlborough Science Academy and to prepare them for Secondary life
- To support parents and provide them with all the information they need throughout the transition process
- To gather relevant information from all our feeder primary schools about each student joining The Marlborough Science Academy in September.
Here at Marlborough, we feel it is imperative that Year 6 students have a positive move into Year 7. It is vital that they feel confident and equipped to make the transition into Marlborough at the start of the academic year.
We feel that in order to achieve a positive transition, parents should be fully informed about the process; therefore, we have put together a timetable of the process below.
1st March 2021: National Allocation Day
If you are successful in obtaining a place here at The Marlborough Science Academy you will receive an email from Hertfordshire County Council with the offer of a place for your child(ren) or alternatively you can check online yourself within the application portal
June / July / August 2021: Transition events
Monday 28th June 2021, 6pm – 7:30pm, Sports Hall (Forms 7AD and 7JI)
Wednesday 30th June 2021, 6pm – 7:30pm, Sports Hall (Forms 7AK and 7LO)
Monday 5th July 2021, 6pm – 7:30pm, Sports Hall (Forms 7FW and 7MO)
Wednesday 7th July 2021, 6pm – 7:30pm, Sports Hall (Forms 7MR and 7RG)
Monday 23rd – Friday 27th August – Summer School Learning Programme
Monday 6th September 2021: First day of term
This is the first day of the new academic year.
School starts at 8.40 am and finishes at 3.10 pm – New students will be met by their Form Tutor outside the main school reception and follow an Induction programme for their first week at school.